Selected, excellent papers of the 5th HenU/INFER Workshop on Applied Macroeconomics (2019) will be considered for a special issue in Journal of International Money and Finance on "Monetary and Fiscal Fragility in the 2020s". Those papers will be subject to additional double blinded peer review.
Once your paper is accepted for presentation at the 5th HenU/INFER Workshop, you need to register for the conference. During the registration process, you will be asked if you want your paper to be considered for the JIMF special issue. If you do, you need to submit the final version of your paper by April 30th, 2019. This will give you time to include comments and suggestions received during the conference.
Please note: Registration will open in late december.
The special issue of the 3rd HenU / INFER Workshop on Applied Macroeconomics on "Current Issues in Applied Macroeconomics" will be published in Macroeconomic Dynamics.
The issue will include the following papers:
- Jerbashian, V.: Intellectual Property and Product Market Competition Regulations in a Model with Two R&D Performing Sectors
- Ho, T.-K. / Lin, Y.-C. / Yeh, K.-C.: Alternative Monetary Policies under Keynesian Animal Spirits
- Steiner, A.: Monetary Policy - When the Zero Lower Bound Is Within Reach: A Smooth Transition Regression Approach
- Fidrmuc, J. / Degler, M.: Temporal and Spatial Dependence of Interregional Risk Sharing: Evidence from Russia
- Tochkov, K.: Regional convergence in large emerging economies: A distribution dynamics approach
- Sarlin, P. / von Schweinitz, G.: Optimizing policymakers' loss functions in crisis prediction: before, within or after?
- Balima, H. W. / Combes, J.-L. / Minea, A.: The “Dark Side” of Credit Default Swaps Initiation: A Close Look at Sovereign Debt Crises
- Swofford, J. / Hjertstrand, P. / Whitney, G. A.: Index Numbers and Revealed Preference Rankings
- Bussiere, M. / Karadimitropoulou, A. / León-Ledesma, M.A.: Current Account Dynamics and the Real Exchange Rate: Disentangling the Evidence
- Bournakis, I. / Mallick, S.: Do Corporate Taxes harm economic performance? Explaining distortions in R&D- and Export-Intensive UK Firms
- Marakbi, R. / Turcu, C. / Villieu, P.: Institutions’ Impact on the Corruption-Growth Nexus: Nonlinearities and Transmission Channels
- El-Shagi, M.: When Does Monetary Measurement Matter (Most)?
Selected papers from the 2nd HenU / INFER Workshop on Applied Macroeconomics were published in Economic Modelling in Volume 67 (December 2017) and Volume 68 (January 2018):
Volume 67, December 2017
Volume 68, January 2018