Selected, excellent papers of the HenU/INFER Workshop 5.5 (to be held on November 5th and 6th) will be considered for a special issue in China Economic Review. Those papers will be subject to additional double blinded peer review.
Authors of accepted papers need to decide during the conference registration if they want their paper to be considered for the special issue.The paper needs to be ready for submission one month after the conference takes place, to be able to revise the paper according to comments and suggestions received during the conference.
Selected, excellent papers of the 5th HenU/INFER Workshop on Applied Macroeconomics (2019) have been published in a special issue in Journal of International Money and Finance on "Monetary and Fiscal Fragility in the 2020s".
Chen, Qiuyu / Feng, Ling / Li, Zhiyuan / Ling, Qing-Yi: Housing prices and trade surpluses in China: An inter-temporal approach, Journal of International Money and Finance, Vol. 110, February 2021, 102284
Levieuge, Grégory / Lucotte, Yannick / Pradines-Jobet, Florian: The cost of banking crises: Does the policy framework matter?, Journal of International Money and Finance, Vol. 110, February 2021, 102290
Gu, Xinhua / Tam, Pui Sun / Kwok Lei, Chun / Chang, Xiao: The effects of inequality in the 1997–98 Asian crisis and the 2008–09 global tsunami: The case of five Asian economies, Journal of International Money and Finance, Vol. 110, February 2021, 102306
The special issue of the 4th HenU / INFER Workshop on Applied Macroeconomics will be published in Review of International Economics.
The issue will include the following papers:
1. Benassy-Quere, Agnes / Bussiere, Matthieu / Wibaux, Pauline: Trade and Currency Weapons - Online Appendix
2. Carpio, Ronaldo / Meixin, Guo: Bayesian Estimation on Currency Union Effect - Online Appendix
3. Lien, Jaimie W. / Lu, Lin / Zheng, Jie: A General Equilibrium Model of International Trade with Social Comparisons - Online Appendix
4. Gu, Xinhua / Lei, Chun Kwok / Sheng, Li / Zhao, Qinbing: Global current account imbalances and the link between income and consumption inequality
5. Belke, Ansgar / Domnick, Clemens: Trade and capital flows: substitutes or complements? - Online Appendix
6. El-Shagi, Makram / Yamarik, Steven: The Political Economy of Capital Controls
7. Joyce, Joseph: The Sources of Investment Income on Emerging Market Economies - Online Appendix
8. Tochkov, Kiril: Regional Real Exchange Rates and Economic Growth: Evidence from Russia
9. Ho, Tai-kuang / Lin, Ya-Chi / Yeh, Kuo-Chun: The Case of Starting a New Exchange Rate after Debt Settlement: Reexamining Alternatives to Argentina´s Exchange Rate Policy in 2001-2 - Online Appendix
10. Frohm, Erik / Gunnella, Vanessa: Spillovers in Global Production Networks - Online Appendix
11. Murach, Michael / Wagner, Helmut: The effects of external shocks on the business cycle in China: A structural change perspective - Online Appendix
The special issue of the 3rd HenU / INFER Workshop on Applied Macroeconomics on "Current Issues in Applied Macroeconomics" will be published in Macroeconomic Dynamics.
The issue will include the following papers:
- Jerbashian, V.: Intellectual Property and Product Market Competition Regulations in a Model with Two R&D Performing Sectors
- Ho, T.-K. / Lin, Y.-C. / Yeh, K.-C.: Alternative Monetary Policies under Keynesian Animal Spirits
- Steiner, A.: Monetary Policy - When the Zero Lower Bound Is Within Reach: A Smooth Transition Regression Approach
- Fidrmuc, J. / Degler, M.: Temporal and Spatial Dependence of Interregional Risk Sharing: Evidence from Russia
- Tochkov, K.: Regional convergence in large emerging economies: A distribution dynamics approach
- Sarlin, P. / von Schweinitz, G.: Optimizing policymakers' loss functions in crisis prediction: before, within or after?
- Balima, H. W. / Combes, J.-L. / Minea, A.: The “Dark Side” of Credit Default Swaps Initiation: A Close Look at Sovereign Debt Crises
- Swofford, J. / Hjertstrand, P. / Whitney, G. A.: Index Numbers and Revealed Preference Rankings
- Bussiere, M. / Karadimitropoulou, A. / León-Ledesma, M.A.: Current Account Dynamics and the Real Exchange Rate: Disentangling the Evidence
- Bournakis, I. / Mallick, S.: Do Corporate Taxes harm economic performance? Explaining distortions in R&D- and Export-Intensive UK Firms
- Marakbi, R. / Turcu, C. / Villieu, P.: Institutions’ Impact on the Corruption-Growth Nexus: Nonlinearities and Transmission Channels
- El-Shagi, M.: When Does Monetary Measurement Matter (Most)?
Selected papers from the 2nd HenU / INFER Workshop on Applied Macroeconomics were published in Economic Modelling in Volume 67 (December 2017) and Volume 68 (January 2018):
Volume 67, December 2017
Volume 68, January 2018